Brenda Moc joined Fine Point Consulting in October 2019 as a controller and we are so fortunate to have her on our team! Read on for little Q & A with Brenda….
1. Tell us about the work you do for Fine Point.
I create and review schedules, handle tax and audit prep, QNBV tax credits, meet with various clients to discuss their business goals, suggest improvements, help with policies and procedures, budgets, and KPI’s. I am also currently working on a training program for internal use.
2. Tell us about your educational and professional background before you arrived at FPC.
I went to Madison Business College and Upper Iowa University to achieve my bachelor’s degree in Accounting. I started my career with the hotel industry, worked for a CPA firm with various clients, and worked for an auto dealership for several years before coming to FPC.
3. What do you like most about working at Fine Point?
The flexibility- we have a ROWE policy (Results Only Work Environment) so I am able to work where I am most productive and take time off for work/life balance as needed. It’s awesome.
4. Is there a skill you’re learning or have learned since coming to FPC that you’re particularly excited about?
I’m always excited to learn new things and have learned many new software programs coming to Fine Point.
5. One thing others might be surprised to learn about you.
I am scared of heights but jumped out of a plane.
7. When you’re not working at FPC you…..
Walk, Run, Golf, Bike, am in a wine club, am a board member for the Evansville Golf Course, travel, socialize, and shoot pool. Constantly busy! My calendar is typically filled up 6 months out.
We welcome Brenda to FPC and are excited she has joined our team!