Sweet, Sweet Summertime. The perfect time to be outdoors, embracing what Madison, Wisconsin, and nature has to offer. That is the motto of our newest FPC Client of the Week, Natural Resources Foundation (NRF)!
NRF is a non-profit organization that connects generations to the wonders of Wisconsin’s lands, waters, and wildlife through conservation, education, engagement, and giving. Formed in 1986, with the support of donors and members, the foundation has boosted private sector investment and involvement in state-managed natural resources; our waters, lands, and wildlife.
The list of the lives they’ve touched and the education they spread is endless, but just a few of the things they have done are as follows:
- Raise money for the care and management of public lands, like State Natural Areas, wildlife and fishing areas.
- Raise money for the interns that radio track Whooping Cranes in Wisconsin, support research and monitoring of Kirtland’s Warbler and other rare species of birds
- Manage 65 endowment funds that donors have established to benefit a special place, animal or part of the natural world dear to them
- Give out small grants to nature centers, classrooms to get students outside, and Friends groups doing conservation projects in all 72 counties in Wisconsin
- Coordinate the largest field trip program in Wisconsin that takes participants to some of the most beautiful parts of our state from the Mississippi River to Lake Superior, led by the expert researchers and naturalists
We here at Fine Point are incredibly humbled to be able to work with such an incredible organization that not only protects this beautiful land we call home, but also touches the lives of those around them. So next time you are hiking, swimming, or strolling through the many different marshlands, forests, and lakes, or embracing the beautiful wildlife here in Wisconsin, think of the Natural Resources Foundation. Think of all the people that clean this land, educate on it, and embrace all it has to offer! And if you want to become a member or learn more about the NRF, the foundation has kindly offered complimentary memberships to all Fine Point blog readers. All you need to do is send your contact information to info@WisConservation.org and you will receive their seasonal Bridges newsletter and early access to sign up for field trips in the Spring of 2015!
To read and learn more visit: https://www.wisconservation.org/
Photos courtesy of Natural Resources Foundation